Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Pepero Day

A holiday all about the candy!! From what I can gather it is kinda like a Korean Valentines day. Boys and girls exchange pepero on 11/11 because the date looks like chopsticks they eat chopstick candy. Pepero is a cookie stick dipped in chocolate and sometimes rolled in peanuts or almonds. Apparently there is a pepero game where two people use a pepero stick like Lady and the Tramp use spaghetti. I of course was completely unaware of this holiday until I went to work. Here I was thinking it was only Veteran's day.

The weather is still very nice so I have been trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I have been enjoying exploring more of Daejeon now that I am not in language classes all morning. I also find my self more willing to try speaking Korean or trying to figure out what signs say because I am not burned out on the language after sitting in class all morning.

Over all I have settled in well. I am getting used to the food, if not the size of drinks yet. And I am falling into a rhythm at work. So of course it is probably time to throw something else in to the mix. Till then :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... When I downloaded Korean holidays to my calendar, somehow Pepero Day got missed.

    ReplyDelete