All in all I have been keeping busy, exploring Daejeon. More adventures to come, but at the moment I have to think of more fun things to do with the kids at my center. I am getting tired of playing card games!! Surprisingly, they aren't.
Starting in September 2010 I will be serving 11 months in Daejeon South Korea as a Young Adult Volunteer. I will be sharing my adventures over the course of the year on my blog, so travel with me!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Not on a Saturday
This weekend was gorgeous, the cherry blossoms are almost perfect in Daejeon. The weather was warm and the sun shinning. It was so nice you couldn't stay indoors. Of course, everyone in Korea seemed to have the same idea Saturday. Mike and I decided to go hiking, but getting there was enough of an adventure for a weekend. I have been told many times that Koreans love to go hiking on weekends, and that if you are going to do something on the weekend do it early. But for some reason we thought leaving in the afternoon would be a good idea. It took us closer to three hours to get to Gongju, which when I told people it took three hours they though I meant Kwangju (a common mistake, but not this time). Let's just say we were so tired once we got there we only took a few pictures (see facebook); and decided to go back to hike on Monday, when surely people would be working. We did go back, unfortunately the weather didn't stay nice, but you know hiking in the hail is an adventure too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment