Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Quick One

So I dropped my laptop yesterday, in a clumsy manner only I could pull off. And now half and sometime all the screen is dead. I am looking into getting it fix but it may be too expensive, we will see. So I am going to try and update you all quick before I lose my laptop. Thankfully, there have been many people here willing to help me navigate this whole ordeal!!

I am getting back into the groove at work. Much easier to fall back into it then I was thinking. I have some new kids but my old kids are letting them know I am okay. Plus after having some significant time away, I am more willing to play endless hours of hangman, and have come up with new ideas too.

Yesterday my main form of entertainment came from my walk to work. Normally I take the bus, it takes about an hour to get there, but the route is by no means direct. Or I can walk and it takes about an hour an a half, yesterday wasn't the warmest of days, but spring is definitely coming, and we heard there was going to be another air-raid drill. Nothing has changed, things are still perfectly safe here, but with Japan's recent disaster there is an increase in the feeling that you can never be too prepared. I opted instead of being on the bus, stuck in traffic for fifteen minutes I would walk, and get shoved into a building when it was time. As it was I was sent down to the subway, but I was very impressed with how well everyone took the situation. Being stopped for fifteen minutes, no exactly what happens to all the people in their cars, I don't know I was underground. But there were thousands of volunteers at every intersection, stopping traffic and telling people who understand Korean what was going on and what to do. I am fairly confident that these skills we learn of what to do when you hear the air raid sirens will never actually be put to use, but we will continue to practice to put people's minds at ease.

On another note, all my friends in Japan are south of where the earthquake hit, but please keep Japan in your thoughts and prayers.

Here is to cheap and easy repair of my laptop!!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your laptop. And just when I got Skype working again on the Mac. (I traded dinner for tech support).

    ReplyDelete